Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Great work.

   What a Claim right? Don't answer that. ;) I have a goal in mind. It's no less that the magnum opus of my life. It's not a book, it's not a blog, It's a concept. A full experience.




    For some amount of time, probably beyond my ability to remember, I've struggled with meaning in my life. This is amusing. I think I have let myself off the hook about having meaning in my life. Most people struggle with meaning in their life, I just gave up on it, why bother with the big questions if nobody else bothers, why should I?
   The tell tale heart, of finding meaning, has been beating quite loudly in the past few years, and particularly in the past few months. I've been giving people advice for the past few weeks and somehow I managed one of those epiphany moments, I needed to take my own advice. Nobody is going to do it besides me, It's my project I don't need anyone else to do it, or anyone to do anything to make it happen. I needed to get out of my own way and let this project that has gnawed and my leg like a dog that needs a walk ... well I needed to let that dog hunt. Here I am.



   The purpose of this blog is to help me to organize what I'm going to do in "the great work", It's sort of The Method of The Great work. A way to solidify my thoughts, before I start it. The Way of the Great work. So.... here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment